- buy cialis about v-day
- tadalafil cheapest price mission
- sildenafil tablets without prescription why v-day started
- cialis tabs 20mg who, what & how
- super viagra cheap attacking the silence
- levitra online no prescription 4 core beliefs
- generic cialis vs brand cialis reviews long-term vision
- generic cialis cipla eve ensler
- Steinberg Cubase 5 online v-board
- cheap price Adobe Framemaker 10 oem v-staff
- discount Autodesk Revit 2014 serial multimedia
- v to the tenth
- until the violence stops: nyc
- annual report
Host a Congo Teach-In
V-Day, Enough (www.raisehopeforcongo.org) and STAND (www.standnow.org) have created a downloadable PowerPoint presentation about the crisis in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to be used at Teach-Ins around the world beginning as early as October 2008.
The PowerPoint is designed to educate you, your campuses and communities about the history and current situation in the DRC where women are bearing the brunt of the vicious war in the region. It is a powerful tool to activate and motivate the public to put pressure on elected officials and raise awareness and funds for V-Day projects on the ground in the DRC.
The V-Wall for Congo
Support the women and girls of the DRC and connect with other activists around the world. Join the V-Wall for Congo.
Buy a Handmade Congolese Bag to Support the Campaign
The bags are sewn through Healing Arts, an organization in Goma, DRC, which equips women and vulnerable populations with skills, opportunities, and education so that they are economically capable to support themselves and their families.
Based out of the HEAL Africa hospital in Goma, which specializes in fistula repair surgery, Healing Arts teaches patients who are survivors of sexual violence how to sew, make soap, bake bread, and weave, which provides them with a dependable income during their stay at the hospital. When a woman returns home after treatment, Healing Arts gives her an income generation grant so that she may continue to develop her skills and business.
Healing Arts also works with a network of widows and disabilities cooperatives to sew the campaign purses in addition to other Healing Arts products, which are sold in DRC, US, and Canada.
HEAL Africa: www.healafrica.org
Many who survive sexual violence in DRC suffer stigma and discrimination, resulting in limited economic opportunities. The proceeds from the sale of these bags will help these women get back on their feet and support themselves and their children. Local Congolese fabric was used to make these bags. The bags also include a Stop Raping our Greatest Resource campaign button. For just $20, you can make a difference!
Letters to President Joseph Kabila
For over almost two years now, V-Day activists have printed, signed and sent us letters from all over the world for Congolese President Joseph Kabila, urging him to do more to stop sexual violence against women and girls and bring perpetrators to justice in the DRC. In June, Eve will travel to Kinshasa and deliver thousands of letters, YOUR voices, to show the immense international support for the women and girls of the DRC.
Thank you all for your support! Together we will change the story of women!
- Download this brochure and print. Distribute it in your community and spread the word about Stop Raping Our Greatest Resources.
- Download this poster (available in French or English) and print. Display it in your home and community. Click on the English or French version below to download.
- Download this postcard and print. Distribute it in your community and spread the word!
- Sign Up for V-Mail to stay connected with us about "Stop Raping Our Greatest Resource, Power To The Women And Girls Of The Democratic Republic Of Congo".
- If you have questions or would like to offer us your comments please email us at drcongo at vday dot org