UNTIL THE VIOLENCE STOPS: NYC Festival Follow Up Report Now Available for Download!
UNTIL THE VIOLENCE STOPS: NYC, which took place June 12-27, successfully took over the five boroughs of the city, inviting New Yorkers to stand up and join V-Day in making New York City the safest place on earth for women and girls.
With startup support from The Rockefeller Foundation and lead corporate support from Verizon, sponsors included Avon Foundation, Bloomberg, CBS Outdoor, Suca by Susan Cappa and The Lakshmi Foundation.
During a two-week festival of theater, spoken word, performance and community events, UNTIL THE VIOLENCE STOPS: NYC:
- Raised $1.1 million dollars
- Sold out 4 events reaching 4,250 people
- Welcomed 2,000 runners in Prospect Park running to demand an end to violence
- Witnessed 50 actresses and over 100 writers contributing their genius, time and talent
- Joined 70 community events in all five boroughs reaching 1,000’s of people
- Held 1 press conference with Mayor Michael Bloomberg
- Placed 2,000 messaging posters on buses and subways in all five boroughs
- Made millions of media impressions from editorial coverage in outlets including: The New York Times, The Associated Press, The Amsterdam News, Time Out NY, Metro, New York Daily News, Access Hollywood, Al Jazeera, Good Day New York, Queens Times, The Brooklyn Eagle, Womens Enews, and many more
- Reached over 8 million people who heard and saw the message that ending violence against women and girls is possible
The full Festival Follow Up Report is available for download here.
Please note that the file size is 12 mega bites and could take a few minutes to download.
Select Press Coverage: