- cheap viagra 100mg generic about v-day
- viagra cialis italia mission
- sale generic tadalafil why v-day started
- cialis online best who, what & how
- buy vardenafil 40mg attacking the silence
- acquisto sicuro cialis 4 core beliefs
- cost of viagra long-term vision
- farmacia sildenafil libre eve ensler
- propecia tablet boots uk v-board
- Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2012 discount v-staff
- Steinberg Cubase SX3 license key multimedia
- v to the tenth
- until the violence stops: nyc
- annual report
JOIN US IN LONDON: 5x15 CHARITY FUNDRAISER In aid of V-Day’s City of Joy, Nov. 23
5x15 CHARITY FUNDRAISER In aid of V-Day’s
City of Joy in Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo
November 23, 2011
The Tabernacle, Powis Square, London W11
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is one of the most dangerous places in the world to be a woman. Hundreds of thousands of women have been raped in a systematic attempt to use sexual violence to destroy families and communities. The City of Joy is a revolutionary new community for women survivors of rape, a place for turning pain to power. Created from a vision of Congolese women, City of Joy is run, operated and directed by Congolese women. It offers group therapy, self-defence training, sexuality education, storytelling, and economic empowerment. Please join us to help support them and the future of the Congo.
The 5x15 format: 5 speakers have 15 minutes to tell the story of their work, passion or great achievement. For this special evening, we will divide the 5 slots into talks about the Congo, City of Joy and civil liberties, an auction, picnic and raffle.
- Eve Ensler - Tony award winning playwright and founder of V-Day and City of Joy
- Christine Schuler Deschryver - V-Day Congo Director and Director of City of Joy
- Helena Kennedy - one of the UK’s great defenders of civil liberties and leading QC’s
- Vava Tampa - founder of Save the Congo UK and one of V-Day’s V-men
- Sandi Toksvig - comedian, radio and television presenter who will be the brilliant auctioneer
It won’t be long, just a few fantastic lots to give you a head start on your Christmas shopping. Luxury holidays in Marrakech, pampering getaways in the UK, a film directing class with Stephen Frears, or creative writing with Hanif Kureishi, there’s something for everyone.
So many people from the community have pitched in to help including: doggie heaven Purple Bone, jeweler Sylvie Franquet, Grayshott Hall, Riad el Fenn, Jnane Tamsna, Kasbah de Toubkhal, Bloomsbury Publishers…There are wonderful prizes you won’t want to miss.
400 GBP per table of eight or
50 GBP for individual tickets
Prices include entrance, picnic and wine.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org