JUST in! Rise4Justice Blog Series from Southern Africa, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Kenya & NY
We are pleased to post five fantastic new Rise4Justice blogs. We urge you to read about the incredible work happening and see how activists are RISING for justice around the world!
- Southern Africa is Rising for Justice
by Barbara Mhangami-Ruwende
Southern Africa One Billion Rising coordinator Barbara Mhangami-Ruwende updates us on her journey on path to One Billion, “I am in awe at the energy and passion that has set the whole region on fire…”
- Domestic Workers are Dancing for Justice in Swaziland
by Colani Hlatjwako
On December 15 domestic workers at Simunye in the Lubombo region of Swaziland took to the streets to dance for justice. One Billion Rising Global Coordinator Barbara Mhangami-Ruwende shares an update from the march.
- Harnessing the Power of Young Women to End Violence Against Women by Glanis Changachirere and Nyasha Sengayi
Glanis Changachirere and Nyasha Sengayi share from their experience at the Institute for Young Women Development, where girls came out for 16 days of Activism to show their commitment and solidarity to fight against gender based violence.
- Self-Defense in Kenya Update on Dolphin Anti Rape and AIDS Control Outreach by Duncan O O Bomba
Dolphin Anti Rape and AIDS Control Outreach Executive/Programs Director Duncan Bomba shares the important work that Dolphin is doing throughout Africa to teach self-defense to women, girls, and children.
- We Are Not Separate from our Environments
by Asha Canalos
Asha Canalos of minisinkmatters.org is rising for justice in her town where violence is being committed against the environment by the corporate gas and oil industry.